Vass

E46 325i DISA rebuild kit

Looking for a rebuild kit for a m54b25 DISA valve.

G.A.S. shipping costs are idiotically high, more than the kit itself and ends up costing like $200, nearly the price of a brand new valve itself so seems a bit silly, but might be left with no choice.

Keen to see if anyone might have one spare or keen to bulk order to share the shipping.

Cheerio

Hi just wondering what you ended up doing in regard to DISA issues? Mine holds at about 3/4  shut if if put my finger over the diaphragm hole and let the flap go.

I am trying to buy an o-ring to see if that helps with a vacuum leak I am chasing. Seems like it will need to be 57mm  with a section of 2.5mm

Ended up doing an engine swap 😅

But for the new b30 I found a guy up on the North Island that was selling already rebuilt valves through Trademe for $250 iirc, then sent him my old DISA as a core for I think $50 back. He had the flap replaced for a metal one as well as a new diaphragm.

Just checked and he doesn't have any listings on TM at the moment, username was 'brtsnz' so might have quietened down a bit, but you could also find him on FB, goes by Bruce Perkinson, quite a helpful fella and was pretty active in some of the FB groups.

For the O-ring I just went to Seal Innovations and got a few spare viton O-rings in case I'm taking the thing out again at some point. Couldn't tell you the size off the top of my head though, sorry.