Sign in to follow this  
blk320i

rc cars

looking at getting a tamiya TT-01 rc car but i dont know anything about them. anyone shed some more light on the topic for me? eg. charging, maintainance, etc. can you get any e30 shells for them?

they are real cool. When they are going. There is always something wrong with it. if you crash at the speeds they do expect big damage.

you can get e30 shell, hard to find though.

2 speed nitro FTW

The Tamiya TT-01 would be a good choice if you are just starting out, easy to maintain etc. The white plastic battery connector and the mechanical speed control(if fitted) are the source of most, if not all of their reliability problems. These should be upgraded as a matter of course. It's not intended for serious competition in standard form but great for tearing up and down your driveway. Plenty of E30 body shells for them. Genuine Tamiya (very expensive) and cheaper knock offs from Frewer (NZ made) and Parma (USA). All M3's though, I have never seen any standard narrow E30 body shells

How much are these worth? i really want a model e30 but rc is even cooler!

The basic kit (eg, no radio system, battery or charger) will cost from $180 to $220.

Most model shops will sell you a "combo", which is the car plus the cheapest, most basic extra equipment needed to get it moving for $350-$400. Genuine Tamiya replacement body shells $70-$120, the generic body shells are around $30-$40.