Sign in to follow this  
thorns

M235i - Where to jump in

So, have pretty much decided for now to jump into a F22 M235i for a play and need some man maths opinions....

Given I have a tendency with my toys to only keep things for less than a year before I have itchy feet and want to try something different, which end of the market should I jump into?   I realize no matter what with a car like this i will take a bath, I'm cool with that, just trying to minimize the size of that bath.    Do I jump in at the bottom with a higher km import at low $30k, or go for the NZ new with 50-60k on clock worth $40k?   Or is it probably a pretty even affair and likely to lose similar amounts on either car?

Seems like the M235is have held the value better than the M135i so I would say it doesn’t matter too much. 

The cons of the higher mileage one is bigger potential for new parts meaning more $ overall.

The cons of the higher priced one is a potentially bigger loss.

Either way, the people in the market for a M235i is very slim, even more so than the M135i so its tough either way.

Comparatively I think the M135i’s have bottomed out in price already and might even trend upwards in coming years but I may be biased as I own one :)

• Like 1

The M135i was the original though as I figured could kill two birds with one, replace the wifes golf with it while I still get a sports a car to play with, however she was not interested in it and told I should just buy what I wanted.   She also loves the look of the M235i so is actually interested in a car purchase for a change which is a nice bonus over all the other things I buy where she just rolls her eyes lol.

• Like 3