Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

VIR Check

A friend has just done a VIR check on a 540 he is buying and the VIN has come up with two cars. One the 540 he wants and the other a 520.

The website says this is a common situation as the VIN is long and mistakes are made when typing it in.

Both cars show as having finance owing. He knows all about the one he wants, but is concerned the other is showing up.

Is this something to be worried about ?

Yes ,they do make mistakes.A couple of years ago I was not able to register my my car.Was told it has not a current W.O.F..After a lot of running around and having to go back to the place that issued my `current` W.O.F.to sort it all out,I was told they made a mistake entering the V.I.N. number.It took all of 3 weeks and another warrant check to sort it all out ,before I could renew my car registration. Go figure!

Thanks chaps, but it looks all sorted now.

He contacted the finance company for the car he wanted and they confirmed it was a problem with the LTNZ agent entering the number.

Not sure exactly how they worked it out, but they said there was no errors when they were doing the financing and they wouldnt have accepted the finance on the car if there had been an error beforehand, and that was that.

FYI my friend has just bought a e39, 6-speed manual 540i and my god does it fly.