Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

DCT Paddles not working

Anyone have experience with DCT paddles not working correctly? My downshift does not work at all, upshift does sometimes intermittently does not. Tried doing a search but can't really find much information on my specific problem.

DCT shifter works fine, no issues. Paddles only. If I remove them, or replace, are automatic paddles the same to replace them if they're stuffed?

I had this happen on my 135i, just with the upshift only, so if it's the same thing then inside the guts of the paddle assy, there is a silicon piece that has two conductive pads that when you press the paddle it pushes on that silicon piece and makes those pads make contact with the circuit board.

With mine, the pads had torn around the edges so weren't making contact properly and being intermittent.

So I just bought some F series replica paddle assemblies off AliExpress and pinched that silicon piece to replace mine and switched out the paddles also as I preferred the look of the F series paddles.

So maybe worthwhile pulling the paddles apart to inspect them, it's not too hard of a job.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:46 PM, Badical said:

I had this happen on my 135i, just with the upshift only, so if it's the same thing then inside the guts of the paddle assy, there is a silicon piece that has two conductive pads that when you press the paddle it pushes on that silicon piece and makes those pads make contact with the circuit board.

With mine, the pads had torn around the edges so weren't making contact properly and being intermittent.

So I just bought some F series replica paddle assemblies off AliExpress and pinched that silicon piece to replace mine and switched out the paddles also as I preferred the look of the F series paddles.

So maybe worthwhile pulling the paddles apart to inspect them, it's not too hard of a job.

Ended up taking them off and dismantling, cleaning with the contact spray and they work perfectly fine now. So yeah it was a straight forward fix in the end :)

• Like 1