Sign in to follow this  
CoxyNZ

E36 Lowering springs

Looking to lower my e36 coupe. The rear is currently at a good height but there is a big wheel gap at the front. Would like a 30-40mm drop. Is it advisable to just lower the front end without doing anything to the rears as they are currently at an acceptable height? I have seen most lowering springs for sale come in a set of 4 would ideally like to just buy the a pair for the front. Where is the best place to buy and brand? Also if anyone on here is selling a pair I would be keen on purchasing. Thanks

Edited by CoxyNZ

You can buy good spring individually but they should be replaced in pairs. Lowering the front only will change the weight distribution and affect the handling. However, if your rear end has collapsed for any reason then lowering the front to match won't help with handling.

Are you 100% sure the rear is at the correct (not just visually pleasing) ride height? Pics required.

Yes planning on replacing the front springs only at this stage. I haven't had a close look but pretty sure the rears are fine. It seems like many E36 coupe factory springs make the front have a larger wheel gap. Thanks for the reply

IMG20220411160348.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good on those wheels actually.