Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Wiring Loom

well my loom melted itself the other day, leading to a long tow home

anyway, i THINK its the starter motor...anyone had experience with the terminals loosening and shorting? thats my hypothesis...have not had time to have a looksie yet.

fix or new loom?

if i fix will prob replace the wire and rewrap with that rigid plastic stuff to make it more of an open loom...not that i am anticipating future problems of course

well having a looksie...starter terminals all fine...the short seems to lead to the oil level sensor..thoughts/experience with this? gonna swap in my other one and carry on looking before putting new loom in

oil level sensor? or oil pressure sensor on side of block just above the sump?

if the seal goes on the oil pressure switch oil can get pumped right up through the insulation of the cable going to the wiring loom and hence melt your wiring loom.

do you think this may have happened?

happened to me except the insulation had a break in it and i had a suspicious oil leak from an electrical cable of all things. i considered myself lucky

I thought if you have been playing round with the wiring maybe you could tell me....

What way do the window relay and the other relay go ( there is a Blue one and a Orange one )

on the very left in the passenger side, once you take the glovebox out..

Wanna know which one goes on top, as i think i had them round the wrong way and the window 30A fuse kept blowing <_<

Cheers