Sign in to follow this  
Electricguy

New guy here - not BMW owner myself but am thinking about it

Hi all,

I’m not a BMW owner myself, but my Dad is a long time owner and he is into his second BMW (first one was 525i the 1987 to 94 series, second and current is 320d), while my brother and sis-in-law own one X series SAV, and I like to consider buying one as my next car at some point.  

nice to meet you all, I look forward to learn more in depth about BMW!

• Like 4

Hi EG (Electric Guy).

I can honestly say, owning a BMW can be the most frustrating, and the most rewarding car you can own at the same time.

I've never owned a car that gives me such pleasure to drive, but when things go wrong....my goodness ! 

Is it worth the trouble......yes ☺

My main driver is an X5 (like your brother) and it's been relatively trouble free, and a real pleasure to drive.

All I would say is that, if you want a cheap, reliable, good on gas, cheap to fix car to drive (a to b type thing ) buy a Mazda Demio. They are value for money and get the job done. However, if you want something that makes you feel a little bit special....buy that X series !! Even if the X series is a second car that you drive only once or twice per week, it will give you that feeling that's hard to put a price on.

Look forward to your update ☺

Cheers.

Welcome and sounding  like BMW is in your family 😀

Im probably a bit like your father , Got my first BMW as a 21 y/o in 1988 (1981 e21 323i ) and 35 years later have owned 7 models and driven 700,000 kms in them. Last couple have been M cars which are a real hoot to drive, 

The model range has evolved into something for everyone  Hopefully you can find a model that temps you into ownership. Do watch for some of the google says the car is really bad  and will cost sqillions to repair and will ultimately end up exploding type posts.  Seen may people talk themselves out of ownership as a result and mids out on owning a great car ( eg e46 M3 SMG which was a fantastic car to own )

Edited by Neal