Sign in to follow this  
User Name

E38 750il - Heat issues

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has some advise, the coolant hose for the heater core busted so i blocked one side off but not the return.
Went to start the car and just about immediately heated up and i could hear the pressure trying to get out of all the old coolant pipes.
Would this possibly be due to me blocking off only 1 of the heater coolant pipes and it getting back pressure, or am i possibly looking a head gasket issue?

There is no coolant in the oil and besides some random noises that weren't there yesterday that sort of sound like a flywheel bolt or the exhaust making a tinning sound (it has been sitting a long time)

I do have a coolant pressure test kit but not one that has a rad cap for the bmw otherwise i have just used a cap in the end of a hose and used a hand pump so might have to try that.

Thoughts etc let me know as i don't want to ruin the engine but its not worth me pulling it apart at the moment if it needs more than another cap put on the other heater hose

Thanks

Update:
1. I learnt that there is an Aux water pump connected to heater core valve system (to help with bleeding the system keeping coolant running when car isn't started)
2. Have blocked off both heater core hoses but sadly i think the Joint between heater core and water accumulator at back is heading towards breaking off in the future :(
3. I managed to start bleeding the system for only the expansion tank bleeder valve to break.
4. This is what i get for doing a service on the car and expecting it to work haha

5. I am either going order new hoses and a bleeder valve or order a bleeder valve and find a hose so i can do a loop on heater hoses from water accumulator but attached to aux pump.

will keep updated with findings (my project bmw is the only thing being neglected when this is taking the money haha)