Sign in to follow this  
325GRANT

tom petty vs RHCP

deliberate, surely..

fully always thought that it wasnt the chillis when i heard it pre this, that petty song is far superior to RHCP crap

Edited by pug'n

insane, maybe they were like "oh heres a riff, i just thought this up" after jamming out to petty and sh*t, haha.

Guest Spargo

Pretty damning!

Nearly as bad as the verve ripping off the rolling stones for bittersweet symphony

I KNEW that I had heard that tune before. I was thinking to myself that it could have been a remake of an older song but wasnt sure if RHCP would do that.... turns out theyve done worse :lol:

I don't have a problem with it, I like both songs. They are similar but it's not the end of the world is it? Interesting that both songs were produced by the same guy.

The music world is full of things like this, I mean hell, there's only a limited amount of chords - I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often by accident though.

Nearly as bad as the verve ripping off the rolling stones for bittersweet symphony

What actually happened was that The Verve and The Stones reached an licensing agreement well before it was released.

The Stones got the hump when it turned out to sell by the bucket load and argued The Verve had used too much as a sample and ended up winning 100% of the loyalties.

The Verve offered to give every penny to charity but The Stones refused.

The Stones then sold the rights to the song to various companies to use for advertising and in the end The Verve got absolutely nothing after making it a huge success.

I don't have a problem with it, I like both songs. They are similar but it's not the end of the world is it? Interesting that both songs were produced by the same guy.

I couldn't agree more.

I like both songs as well.

Cheers

Grant

The music world is full of things like this, I mean hell, there's only a limited amount of chords - I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often by accident though.

theres only so many ways to play Am G Dm

What actually happened was that The Verve and The Stones reached an licensing agreement well before it was released.

The Stones got the hump when it turned out to sell by the bucket load and argued The Verve had used too much as a sample and ended up winning 100% of the loyalties.

The Verve offered to give every penny to charity but The Stones refused.

The Stones then sold the rights to the song to various companies to use for advertising and in the end The Verve got absolutely nothing after making it a huge success.

otherwise known as P W N E D