Sign in to follow this  
318 g ride

shorter shocks?

hey guys i have a pre-face e30 318 lowered on superlow jamex's. it drives fine as i have new munroe shocks in the back and i have had no probs, but i have a warrant soon and the front springs are not captive in the standard shocks. i have been quoted $200 for having my 20yr old shocks shortened with a wheel allignment, is this a reasonable price or is there antwhere else i could go for some cheaper shortening or even some cheap new shocks that do not requre further shortning. any help is well considered. cheers guys.

not 100% but i think you can tie your coils to the bottom and top platform (using oxy welding rods???) so when you jack the car up they stay captive.

im pretty sure this is legal but it would pay to check it out first.

haha i wouldnt do that ^^^^^ well unless you wanna get looked at funny and laughed at by the WOF guys. not legal...

Why would you even bother spending money on 20 year old shocks - they will no doubt be stuffed at that age. Unfortunately as is so often the case with people trying to lower their cars on a budget, only half the job gets done. Sports shocks would do the trick, but they come at a hefty price.

im gonna need new shocks and il do that after ive done the lumpy cam so how much would i be looking at stock fitted?any recomendations on a specific shock to get?

how much is important of course

thanx

im gonna need new shocks and il do that after ive done the lumpy cam so how much would i be looking at stock fitted?any recomendations on a specific shock to get?

how much is important of course

thanx

you may be surprised that by using the search function all your answers may magicaly appear...... WOW! the magic of search

IMo no point getting a lumpy cams - you will get no noticeable performance out of it, spending more money than required and on top of that you will idle funny. if you are so concerned about your money then dont bother with the lumpy cam and with any money you save spend it elsewhere - place you will notice it.

camshaft worn so myt as well replace with a cam that at least does a lil something