Sign in to follow this  
beamin

New to the group. Back in a 530d G31 - always loved my E61

Hey all, new to the group. Previously had an E61 530D msport touring 2006. Was a bit long in the tooth when I sold it a few years ago but was still such an awesome car. Only small downside was being RWD on the occasional snow mish... So when a G31 xdrive msport version came up recently, and in my favoured white, I couldn't help myself! Amazing how the new (to me) car is such a similar, and still excellent, package... but just does everything a little bit better. Xdrive and ZF8 is a game changer in this car. So happy with it!

One thing I need tough, is a towbar. Not been able to find supply or install yet. Anyone managed to retrofit a towbar on G30/ G31?

20230606_012211.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, beamin said:

One thing I need tough, is a towbar. Not been able to find supply or install yet. Anyone managed to retrofit a towbar on G30/ G31?

G31's are great! I think you're probably looking at ~2k for the BMW / Westfalia detachable. Probably worth paying for dealer to install proper electrics rather than hacking the CANBUS wiring as the non OEM bars will

Thanks balancerider - would you have any idea who might be able to supply & install a BMW/ wesrfalia detachable in Auckland?? Asked the dealer but they only had an $8k 😳 genuine electric folding version. Not happening! I've had a quote for a custom made bar at $1150 but as you say wiring would be somewhat hacked. 

Edited by beamin
Typo