Sign in to follow this  
PHAT 89 BEMA

Central Locking!!!!!!!!!!!

hi, my central locking just stop working for some reason, i was driving along the road & my elbow pushed the lock down so all the locks went down but i didnt pull the lock back you until i stoped so when i went to jump out of the car & went to lock it with the alarm it didnt work????? i have checked all fuses, had the module out & it looks alright(it says on the cover of the module e30 coupe but my car is a 4 door, i dont know if thats the problem, was working fine until a week ago) can anybody help me

My cars geting scratched up because the keys are touching the paint when i lock it every time & my key is half broken

thanks

Anania

hey just checked my central locking module & i tested it with a power tester & there wasnt any power to none of the wirers????? :o any one know why this could be.

& when i was looking at the Central Locking Module i seen a relay plug but there was no relay, is this relay plug for the central locking?

the fuse for central locking is fuse no.27 and its a 30amp, have other things stopped going since? also i think it would have a relay, can you hear anything click when you push the door lock pins up and down on the drivers door?

Ive had heaps of probs with locking and in the end i replaced the lot with a cheap after market kit and it works fine..just annoying knowing its not factory!

Thanks

hi yes i have checked all fuse & they are all ok. i checked to see if there was any power to the relay plug but there was no power there to? the relays not there when i checked but i think it may have fallin out.

the only thing that stoped working it the central locking.

ill check & see if i can hear any think when i push the lock up & down.

how much was the after market central locking kit? & was it much work installing it?

sooo easy to install the after market one cos the motors were the same size as the bimmer ones, was 30bucks!! thats only for 2 doors though, you might want to add extra motor in the boot, i didnt bother as i never use the boot..