325iRod

e92 335i DCT service

I’m plaining to do an oil change and service on the DCT box over labour weekend.

Picked up all the parts I think I need but want to check in to see if anyone has any advice, tips or tricks you could share with someone that has never done it before.

I know that once I have removed the old oil, installed new filters and topped up with new oil until oil overflows from the fill plug there is a service function in ISTA that needs to be run before I can fill with remaining oil to reach capacity.

Any other helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Capture_dct.thumb.PNG.c0b37014415ac0a8723cb4017e64b845.PNG

Got this done over the weekend, process was pretty straight forward. Very happy with the end result.

Some pics..

image.thumb.png.bef249e13895c2cc94c7a8ba7bf3aa5e.png

image.thumb.png.3bf0d198cda878a4dc0ace5121fd8b6d.png

• Like 1

What kind of oil you bought and where from? I want t do my DCT too one day. Did you noticed a difference afterwards?

This is the oil you will need, 83222446673 - DCTF1+ transmission fluid 7 litres of it and I used just over 6 and a 1/2.
Before the service when selecting reverse It would slip slightly, no longer experiencing this. In general, I think it feels better but this could be the placebo effect.
Apart from the slight reverse slip there were no issues with performance, I wanted to get the service out of the way as general maintenance as the car has done 130k now. BMW say lifetime fill but I’m pretty sure this only means 100k in the real world.