Sign in to follow this  
beemwr

An S42 BMW Engine

Well this was a runner until Sunday when the dry sump return pump failed! I can't afford to buy a new one.Already spent well over my budget. This was last run in Clayton's F2 single seater  a few years back. We had the head rebuilt last year and it has been running in our 2002. We previously had been running an m44 with ITBs as a Road & track car. Then an out & out race car with between 260-300 bhp to be had. 2002 going back to a Road & track car.

You would be buying a dry-sumped m42 block with an s42 crank & pistons, tank, s42 head and extractors.

Buyer would have to provide a. Dry Sump Pump, ITB induction, electronics. (G4 Link).

Able Engineering. Feilding, had the engine running on Tuesday & declared motor was unscathed from the pump failure. Just need's new pump. 

$8800, ( This amount would make my Bank Manager happy with me again.)

Once motor is out will put more pics up.

Txts to 0284655325

20231129_152804.jpg

20231129_152809.jpg

20231129_152842.jpg

20231129_152734.jpg

20231129_115937.jpg

Edited by beemwr
Originally was for s42 head now block & other.

What would you say drivability would be like if it was in a street car…

Anything is possible. Not many 4 cyl bmw,  normally aspirated , approaching 300bhp driving the streets.

On 12/24/2023 at 11:59 PM, beemwr said:

Anything is possible. Not many 4 cyl bmw,  normally aspirated , approaching 300bhp driving the streets.

Was looking to build up a spicy m42 for my e30, but would cost about the same as this, and already have a set of RHD itbs, and be cool to have another S motor in the stable