Sign in to follow this  
Aucklandnewbie

Proud Owner of a 430i B48 2018

Hello everyone,

I'm excited to join this community of BMW enthusiasts! After an unfortunate incident where my 2012 535i Active Hybrid (N55 Engine, F10) was written off, I spent a considerable amount of time researching BMW's engines to find a reliable and budget-friendly option. I decided on the B48 engine near 250HP, and I'm thrilled to share that I've just purchased a 2018 430i with 100,000KM on the odometer. It's NZ new with a full service history, recently fitted with new Zeta tires and M brakes this year. I'm the third owner of this beauty. it has WB6 digital clock with it!

I've already scheduled some maintenance work to ensure it stays in top condition:

Injector cleaning
Vent pipe replacement (proactive change due to common failures around this mileage)
Spark plug replacement
Air filter change
These services are booked for next week at a BMW workshop. The costs quoted were:

Injector cleaning: $28 + GST
Vent pipe change: $165 + GST
Spark plug change: $218 + GST
Air filter: $88 + GST
I'm eager to learn more about maintaining this model. Any advice on specific parts that should be regularly checked or replaced would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to engaging with you all and gaining insights into the best practices for keeping my 430i in prime condition.

Cheers!

image.png.22bc541a83fcbc7ffef28c4c366aedda.png

• Like 4