Sign in to follow this  
Butterfly

alarm fitting

its a e30 91 318

im fitting an alarm into it and need to know where i should connect the central locking wires too

also i have one wire to attach to the park lights so that when i arm and disarm they flash but i want the indecators to flash instead eny ideas were to wire it thanks :mellow:

Hi,

If you only have one wire to activate the indicator lights, then you need to use a diode to connect the two indicator circuits together

The indicator wires are Blue/Red (L) and Blue/Black ® - you can find these wires either at the instrument cluser or on the hazard light switch, which ever is most convenient to you.

Connect the diodes like this:

--------------->|----------to indicator (left)

from alarm -----+

--------------->|----------to indicator (right)

Your diodes must be able to handle the total current of all indicator lightbulbs, including any trailer lights (if you have a towbar of plan to add one)

So budget for 2 x 21W (front + rear) + 5W (side) + 5W (dash) + 21W (trailer) = 73W which is @12 V = 6 amps

So buy 2 x 6Amp (or higher) diodes and you'll be right

For the central locking you'll have to look at the wiring diagram for the central locking for your car

Jochen