ZCoupe

Comfort focussed tyres for G20?

Has anyone changed from OEM runflats to regular tyres and found a noticeable comfort benefit? Several tyre retailers and garages I've contacted are suggesting that while runflats design has come on along way in recent years they are still not as suited for NZ road conditions as regular go flat tyres. The tyre retailers say "we've had no complaints" from customers who've changed away from RFTs. But this is not the same as people reporting actual benefits. The BMW dealership I use state that the G20 Motorsport sedans have their suspension set up to match RFTs and recommend replacing with the OEM option (of course...). But I did sense some suggestion that they wouldn't rule out non RFTs if I insisted.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

PS to be clear by "comfort" I mean tyre noise and softening of road bumps. I do undertand the the G20 MSport has stiff suspension for handling benefits and that tryre choic is unlikely to make a major difference.

My limited seat time in the G2x would suggest this might be an issue with the 330e rather than with all the models. Heavy battery = stiff suspension to stop it turning into a boat. I felt the 320d was at least as compliant as my F31, which is leagues better than my previous E91 for suspension comfort. Also, you’re going to be calling for a recovery vehicle with a flat unless you want to carry a full-size spare in the boot.. I wonder if going down to 18’s might give you the ride quality you want.