E30kid

E70 X5 Replacement Park Brake Issues

Hi all, 

At our work absolutely stumped with an E70 X5 parking brake fault. Have replaced the entire park brake assembly as one cable end was buggered. New unit from a euro parts shop not genuine but supposedly good aftermarket.

That unit worked, until it started making a screeching noise as the gears inside would try activate after setting it to on. It got more consistent and then started disengaging the brake randomly. I have since had it warrantied.

Fitted the new unit, worked straight away, however unable to program in or out of workshop mode/initial operation - get error saying faulty module or supply voltage. Can only run bedding in mode. No actual fault codes, voltage at connector seemed fine a few weeks back.

Replacement unit has since started making noise again, and picking and choosing when to engage but definitely engages when it tries. Adjusted shoes several times. Clamping force in live data shows -35N approx, this to me tells me it's not reading engagement correctly and retrying? Still no fault codes. I can't help but thinking it's a programming fault but I can't complete it with either ISTA or my Launch. Anyone had anything remotely similar?