Sign in to follow this  
Damo

E21 rear trailing arms

Hi all-

I just converted the 2002 to adjustable height & damper coilovers in the rear - now its time for the brakes too.

I am after a pair of e21 (323 I think) rear trailing arms, as they have stronger shock mounts and rear disc brakes.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, please let me know!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Further research shows me that E30 rear arms will fit on the 2002 also - I THREW A FULL SUBFRAME AWAY DAMNIT!!

If anyone has complete E30 rear arms/hubs/ebrake setup they want to swap for a ride in the 2002 or very little cash - please let me know!

Are you sure E30 arms fit, I thought the pick up points were on a slightly different angle

relative to the body center line. I've actualy just run out to the garage to check but I'd need to drop an arm off the 2002 to check.

Are you sure E30 arms fit, I thought the pick up points were on a slightly different angle

relative to the body center line. I've actualy just run out to the garage to check but I'd need to drop an arm off the 2002 to check.

I have pictures of them bolting on, I dont have any short of whipping them off the white car to test but the pictures are the E30 ones. Let me know if you are abe to match them up.

I have converted to coilovers so might use the E21 arms as they have stronger mount points (they ran factory coilovers in the 323i).

The reason for using E30 was for the handbrake setup, I need a separate e-brake fr the wilwood calipers.

pretty sure that 2002 and E21 use 20 degree trailing arms, and E30 are 15 degree. I know where there is a set of E21 traling arms,which have been beefed up, fitted to a modified 2002 rear beam, with camber and toe adjustment. It came out of a 2002 Turbo race car. I will check with the owner and see if he wants to sell it.