Sign in to follow this  
EuroBoy

Importing help please

Hi Guys,

Its been a while since ive been over these ways, have been over at toyspeed due to owning an ae111 levin now.

However, Bimmersport posters are SO more knowledgeable (bad attempt at english) so ive come here with a querie (sp)

I am helping a friend import a 2001 mercedes benz s-class 320, V8 petrol, he is in poland and were bringing it over here.

i need to find out exactly what documents we need and what we need to do to get this car on the road legaly in NZ.

ANY help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Ryan

Hi,

The LTSA site is ok, but it leaves a bit, not included on the LTSA site is a Statement of Compliance, this is a serperate cost, you will have to get this from Mercedes NZ and they will send off the chassis number to germany to make sure it complies. This for a merc i think adds another 800ish plus GST to the compliance.

O and also it helps to have an english version of the dereg papers, if they are not already.

A 320 is a V6, not an 8.

Hi,

The LTSA site is ok, but it leaves a bit, not included on the LTSA site is a Statement of Compliance, this is a serperate cost, you will have to get this from Mercedes NZ and they will send off the chassis number to germany to make sure it complies. This for a merc i think adds another 800ish plus GST to the compliance.

Errr not entirely true.

The LTNZ site does talk about a compliance check and tells you how to go about it.

It also tells you that if you have a sticker in the engine bay with an 'E' number (or something like that) thats its unlikely that you need to do a compliance check at all because this number tells everyone that it already complies.

Get onto the site though and read it all through very carefully. There are also contact details for various places that can help you answer any questions.

Not to forget that Merc like all manufacturers does produce 'budget' vehicles in the lower socio economic countries, hence it would pay to ensure that this car has code compliant lights, seat belts, airbag, and most of all body work. Just cause its a benz doesnt mean that it is good.......I know of a couple of mercs from europe that have failed on compliance including a brabus 600sec and almost impossible to make legal due to expense