Sign in to follow this  
low320i

brake info

hay again just acouple questions im just starting to get the car ready for the engine swap later this year and the main thing i have to do at this piont is brakes.

my problem is i have drums on the rear and want to swap to discs

iv had a quick look around and have found i need disc trailing arms,discs,callipers(this is just what i found if theres more please list)

will these bolt into the drum subframe or is it easier to swap the whole rear end?

and will the brake lines from the drums fit the callipers?

or cheaper to go after market? not looking for full on race brakes just something thatll stop 200rwkws without any trouble a good street set up.

also whats involed in moving the master cylinder is it possible to remount in the car(hard or easy) im trying to keep the cost down within reason just woundering what im in for.

If you get the arms complete then it is a relatively simple bolt-in job.... except that you will need to remove the rubber hose going to the fuel tank so that the bolt next to it can be removed. So you will need to run the car to relatively empty so fuel doesn't pour out when you remove it. Best to do one side at a time so you are jacking the car up on one side only. This will help by keeping the low fuel on the passenger side of the tank and definitely no spill then...

The brake lines on the arms will just bolt straight into the flex hoses from the body.

Removing the whole subframe is a bigger job as you need to remove the propshaft to get the subframe out and that is a really sh*tty little job on its own IMO..

Why do you want to move the master cylinder into the car for a street vehicle? Ok if you want to track it regularly but hardly worth the effort for a street vehicle.

Edited by topless

hay thanks for the help im moving it az im going to have a 2L turbo mazda engine(fe3t) droped in it once iv got enough cash and the rest of the car is ready. the guy doing the swap said he know where it is and can build the manifold foward of it but i am abit worried bout having the master cylinder behind the turbo(heat wise).

but in saying this i was texting my mechanic earlier to see if he could do it and raised a good piont what about suby's there turbo is right in front of the master cylinder and they have no problems just run dot 5 fuild.

how much am i looking at to buy the bits needed to swap my drums to disc

if anyone has some good second hand bits around pm me please or post in here

can someone please put up a full list of what i need to do this and a rough price you'd pay im gona look on trade me but dont wana put more than its worth

so far

discs

callipers

disc trailling arms

anything else?