Sign in to follow this  
santa

anybody fitted a "superchips" chip ??

Any experiences with this company ??

I emailed him and this was the reply :

Thanks for your email. We do more BMWs than any other car, as they respond well to being Superchipped. The increase is good for your model, being 18bhp for the later model and 15-18 for the earlier one. Both will gain 10-15% more torque. I have done lots of 535s and so far no one has been disappointed.

You will get a far more responsive throttle, better fuel economy as there will be less gear changing, more torque for overtaking and going up hill, as well as having the power come in earlier in the rev range and building to the red line. The annoying low down lack of power that BMWs have will also be all but eliminated. All the programmes are thoroughly tested to make sure the engine stays reliable and is not put under too much stress.

Each job takes about an hour and a half to do and we come to you to do it. The cost is $1,050 fitted, but we will do them for $950 each fitted including GST, ie a 10% discount. We may have to work in the evening due to the time difference with the UK in case we have to contact them.

In 30 years of being in business, we have never had a claim and I hope you won't be the first. All fittings carry a $1million cover and a lifetime product warranty. We have fitted upgrades for Jeff Grey BMW, Hawkes Bay European, Continental Cars and Christchurch BMW amongst others, so I hope that puts your mind at ease with regards our product.

Any comments????

Cheers

Starchip has been round for ages, however I'd be a little suspect about the returns that they are promising. I had a ae86 toyota levin chip by them which resulted in a gain of 5hp and about 10 ft/lb of torque but in sying that weather conditions were different on the day of dyno...make your own conclusions...shortly after I replaced cams threw away the 'starchip' and replaced the factory ecu....what other mods have you done there maybe more to gain for cheaper just by increasing a injector size, fuel pressure, air filter and the inlet tract from airfilter to throttle body...dont forget exhaust (remove the cat or for those tree huggers out there replace with higher flowing cat) and this most importantly the O2 sensor in the exhaust. All the star chip does is alters factory signals to fool the ecu into believing that in is not operating at optimum..it is not a true fine tuning tool

"Superchips" and "Starchip" is not the same company I think.(BBR is Starchip from memory, and their claims were always on the "optimistic" side!)

Anyway, a friend of mine who has a BMW garage has had "Superchips" do several cars (Gavin Bellars) and always with good results, pretty sure they live up to the claims. Another friend just had his E36 M3 EVO race car done, and he could feel the difference afterwards, they only claim 11KW gain for this car, but it was noticable when driving it. I will be getting them to do my racecar once it is done, I will try to be e bit more scientific about it though, and will do a before and after dyno run.