Sign in to follow this  
320SHKBTE

Opinions please.

So most of you have seen my e36, im looking at a 1990 525, really nice, starting to like the older ones, comments here... is it a trade up? or down?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by 320SHKBTE

So most of you have seen my e36, im looking at a 1990 525, really nice, starting to like the older ones, comments here... is it a trade up? or down?

Posted Image

Posted Image

i think you just stop mucking around

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Toys-models/Rideo...on-62375996.htm

but seriously

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-53532441.htm

then you be pimp

Gusdawg - he just wants a straight answer.

E36 - E34. In a sense its a trade-up (3er-5er, more luxury, more refined) but also in a sense its a trade down (E36, 1994 or so to E34 1990)

They both cancel out each other. Its really your own choice - just consider those two factors.

I dont know which would be worth less, but both cars are currently losing value quite fast for some reason. I had a mate with a 90 535i, in mint condition with low km's.. $3500 didnt sell for ages and ages. The 90 525's are basically just an E30 325 engine with a heap more weight. If you are interested in a 5 series E34 at least got for the vanos M50 engine (92 upward). By hte looks of it the only thing that car has going for it is the mags, other than that looks standard, surely you can put mags on a car.

I dont know what your wanting in a car but heres some to look at (keep in mind the 1992 upwards had the M50 vanos engine in it, 192 horsepower as aposed to 170horsepower in your 1990 version) You'll see how without mags they're worth maybe $2-3k

Auckland

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...&key=102669

Waikato

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...&key=104188

could even go one up

Edited by E30stz

Keep the 3, as the blue-rinse-set start flogging them off to younger enthusiasts, It'll be more desirable if its more sporty

[compare a Honda Legend with a Civic for example]

I personally don't think any big old floaty 'boats' are desirable on our roads [unless you're a hot rodder living in the past]

I personally don't think any big old floaty 'boats' are desirable on our roads [unless you're a hot rodder living in the past]

You'd like to race my old floaty boat then?

Personally, I'd stick with the 3 series. The smallest E34 motor I'd go with is the 3.5 litre. Unless you do a fair bit of open raod touring and then the 5 series is a great car.

Nothing wrong with going jap if you want. Get a Ls400 or a newish crown. If you get a E34 dont rice it up. Why would you want to change though after the other day you were saying how much you love your car. wtf etc.

Would you like to drive my "floaty" boat too kerry. Rock hard ftw.

Nah thanx for the floaty offer.Hey I've owned my share of yank tanks I'll stick to the sporty stuff that has a competition pedigree [Thats why I like 6's and 3's, cause they raced them in NZ]

I'll stick to the sporty stuff that has a competition pedigree [Thats why I like 6's and 3's, cause they raced them in NZ]

Might as well buy a Flacon or Commodore then... that's all they seem to race in NZ these days :)

IMO, 3s are the best bet for the younger set, but us old farts just look silly in them.

[You can always add tints] Seriously though!,Desirability is a matter of opinion [including my comments that "touched everybody's heart"] But as a general observation, any vehicle derived from some Competition background has held some sort of desirability [eg; Falcon GT vs LTD , Mini Cooper vs Allegro, Torana GTR vs Statesman, Porsche 911 vs 928] look at the Holy Grail of Beemers, the E30 M3, or the 3.0CSL Batmobile, They will always be more desirable than a 7 series Beemer [which is a great car,"for a boat" haha!]

The reality is, BMW is trying to sell new cars [we are discussing the desirabilty & value of Cars that are 10+ years old]

Nothing wrong with going jap if you want. Get a Ls400 or a newish crown. If you get a E34 dont rice it up. Why would you want to change though after the other day you were saying how much you love your car. wtf etc.

Would you like to drive my "floaty" boat too kerry. Rock hard ftw.

I havent been on here for months, was gonna put the v8 in it remember? to F*&^in difficult, easier to b put it in a supra, so im looking at some options.

Supra's got a mean engine as it is, go buy one if you must. I'd still stay 4 door though if I were you, if you wanna keep that cruiser aspect.

Edited by E30stz

Supra's got a mean engine as it is, go buy one if you must. I'd still stay 4 door though if I were you, if you wanna keep that cruiser aspect.

The reason i got my bmw was because i got to many fines, meh, time to go fast again, coupe it up, the v8 conversion is quite common

Get an LS400, get a warranty, before the suspension smashes your bank balance into little tiny pieces.

Apparently, there's a twin turbo LS around Akld which must be fun with an open diff.

I'd keep the 3.

Whatever you get - good luck and enjoy it, but no girly car, eh?

No MX5, Celica, MR2 etc (unless of course, you are a girl - then they're brilliant for you). I suppose blokes could put on a long blonde wig every time they drove the car in public and pretend ... I know some of you (well, oK then - Sparkle) like to do that :lol:

i'd so hit an mx5

wont go down with this fullah's ganstuh look tho......

stick with 3, already spent $$ on it etc

or yuh, ls400. tems costs when it craps out but meh, all g

Whatever you get - good luck and enjoy it, but no girly car, eh?

No MX5, Celica, MR2 etc (unless of course, you are a girl - then they're brilliant for you). I suppose blokes could put on a long blonde wig every time they drove the car in public and pretend ... I know some of you (well, oK then - Sparkle) like to do that :lol:

I'm fully chick and I wouldn't drive them! Stereotypical chicks car! I'd drive the DTM in my sig.. now thats a girls car :P

Infact, buy the DTM in my sig. All your power problems will be solved.

Nah thanx for the floaty offer.Hey I've owned my share of yank tanks I'll stick to the sporty stuff that has a competition pedigree [Thats why I like 6's and 3's, cause they raced them in NZ]

I like how my car has the same chassis as the 6, yet is lighter.

I like how my car has the same chassis as the 6, yet is lighter.

sparkle. i hate you. n00b

late to the party as usual,but 5 series ftw in my book......e34>e36 any day....... <_<