Sign in to follow this  
skidz

Uprated fuel injectors

What are the recommended next step up from E30 325i injectors?

Guest Andrew

For what purpose/reason exactly - you will not notice a performance enchancement - if anything it will get worse due to wrong fuel pressures/mapping.

For what purpose/reason exactly - you will not notice a performance enchancement - if anything it will get worse due to wrong fuel pressures/mapping.

Hey Andrew,I agree

Injectors run a 'duty cycle' so they can metre the fuel to the engine [usually a max off 80%] the only reason bigger injectors are needed is when the Engine pulls more air and the injectors cant keep up [if they are at 100% duty cycle,that's open all the time,and the motors running lean, get bigger injectors]

What has been done to the engine to require bigger injectors? Bigger Engine, More Revs, or Turbo?

Remember the engine is an Air Pump [that requires an Air/Fuel ratio] to get more power you increase the size of the BANG or you increase the number of Bangs per Minute, or both

Bosch 0 280 150 400 should be perfect for 500hp.

Edited by conrod

Guest Andrew

It is interesting to note though - when we were installing the Link in my car, the stock injectors were rocking at 95% duty cycle after we had tuned everything up. We did of course ditch them for ones out of a 5 ltr V8 ford - which now sit at 47% :D

Thanks guys, once car has been on dyno we will see if it is running lean, or whatever.