Sign in to follow this  
sadida20

roundel

Hey guys

got a new roundel for the 323.

i went to take the old front one off and it didnt really come off to well.

it came off but left what looked like some glue on the bonnet and no holes were visable for the new roundel to go into.

whats the best way to fix this and put new roundel on.

thanks

If you had successfully got the whole roundel off, you can see the paint work and two holes to plug the new one into. I suspect you've only taken the top part of the roundel off.

If you had successfully got the whole roundel off, you can see the paint work and two holes to plug the new one into. I suspect you've only taken the top part of the roundel off.

yeah looks that way.

what to do now?

Hi, if the silver plastic piece is still on, carefully prise it off, it's only held on by the 2 lugs, use a screwdriver or the like, cover the end with a rag, and slip it under from the side, not the top or bottom, and gently lift. It should come away, you can then fit your new one. Would suggest a small bit of sealant or the like under your new one to help it stay there.

Guest Andrew

Get a small flathead screwdriver under the whole roundel - (using something soft to protect paint) and wedge it off.