Sign in to follow this  
jochen

Another new BMW owner

Well I picked up my nice shiny Dunkelblau E39 today

With the 4.4L V8 donkey - first V8 I have ever owned :-) and I am loving the luxury

The waterpump bearing is shot, but that is an easy fix - I will get it done straight away

Nav system gets upgraded this weekend, looking forward to that

I love this car...

Well done Jochen, another E39 is great news, I look forward to the pics

Do people still do standing 1/4 mile sprints?

It was all the rage in my youth.

Best time I did was 13.4 on my Bonnie. A modern 50cc step-through would trash that time. :)

Do people still do standing 1/4 mile sprints?

It was all the rage in my youth.

Best time I did was 13.4 on my Bonnie. A modern 50cc step-through would trash that time. :)

My Dad bet you - 13.2 1/4 mile in his 1971 Holden Monaro LS. :P

Congratulations on the E39. Lookign forward to pics.. welcome to the E39er club.

Why wouldn't they? I'm going to have a race with a mates 645i on one of the next DYO's at Meremere for a laugh.

:D

Got my E39 back today with a brand new shiny waterpump, and covered under the mechanical protection insurance which I got with the car. No more nasty grinding noises from my beautiful 4.4L V8

And what's made me even happier - my navigation computer and connectors arrived in the post today too, so guess what I'll be doing this weekend...!!

:D

Wonder if my wife will let me sleep in the car....??

Jochen

hehe congrats Jochen! welcome to the club so to speak :) .. Its great to have someone as knowledgible as yourself in the community !

V8 = : B)

Wonder if my wife will let me sleep in the car....??

Any more talk like this ....

And what's made me even happier - my navigation computer and connectors arrived in the post today too, so guess what I'll be doing this weekend...!!

and she will be TELLING you to sleep in the car !

Any more talk like this ....

and she will be TELLING you to sleep in the car !

Any worse

Jochens Wife:

Garr I've had enough, go and sleep with the car!

:P

Edited by BMW POWER

Congrats on your new E39 !

Did you know that the E39 V8 series have a soft engine start? Simply turn the key to position 3 and then release immediately. The starter will continue to start the car automatically. B)

Edited by SKT174

Congrats on your new E39 !

Did you know that the E39 V8 series have a soft engine start? Simply turn the key to position 3 and then release immediately. The starter will continue to start the car automatically. B)

Im willing to be proved wrong but I have two friends with e39 v8's that dont do this....mine on the other hand :)

Im willing to be proved wrong but I have two friends with e39 v8's that dont do this....mine on the other hand :)

That's strange because even the owner's manual says it should. Is your friend's V8 is 4.4 or 3.5 version? Is your friend's a manual? Anyway, it's good to know there're a few E39's in here ^_^

Posted Image

That's what I love about the E39, turning to start doesn't start the car; it initiates the start sequence

Jochen

That's strange because even the owner's manual says it should. Is your friend's V8 is 4.4 or 3.5 version? Is your friend's a manual? Anyway, it's good to know there're a few E39's in here ^_^

One is a 99 540i/6 the other an 01 540M, both have the M62 4.4 V8 - the same as me.

One is a 99 540i/6 the other an 01 540M, both have the M62 4.4 V8 - the same as me.

That's probably why, it only works if it's an auto / steptronic :)