Sign in to follow this  
nazistaffcar

E30 Vaccum lines

Where the fark do they go??? Some clown has been fiddling.....motor is supposedly a 2.3.....can't seem to get my weapon to idle(either idles at 1200 or 500) and it doesn't want to sing(rev) :angry::angry::angry:

two ports on the distributor, throttle actuator and the fuel rail regulator which have to connect to two ports on the manifold 1 port near the cold start injector(which isn't connected can't find wiring for it either) and 1 port near the throttle butterfly.......I have tried different combinations but the hoses are all much too long to allow process of elimination.........ANY CLUES or has someone got a diagram

Guest Andrew

I'd be looking at the ones going to the vacuum advance/retard on the dizzy if it isn't revving properly. (And check the base timing)

The motor will be a 2.3 if it has that ignition system.

You seem to have them all in the right place though.

The problem is that the two ports on the manifold, on one on choke plate and the last one on the throttle body have different levels of vaccum (throttle port being the highest)so it's the placement of tubes that is the problem.......

Guest Andrew

Sweet - only pics I can find are from an old 320 I had - they aren't that great but see what you can gather from them.

post-1-1154923373_thumb.jpgpost-1-1154923362_thumb.jpg

Ok, some more info.

On your distributor vacuum advance/retard you have 2 pipes connecting to it.

The pipe coming off the vacuum unit which is on the side closest to the distributor (and pointing towards the distributor) will go up to the connector under the throttle housing on the side closest to the firewall, ie facing the throttle housing from the passenger side it is on the right of the intake opening.

The other pipe coming off the vacuum unit is facing away from the distributor and that goes to the other connector under the throttle body but on the side facing the front of the car, ie rhs facing the intake opening viewed from the passenger side.

Refer to Andrew's first pic, or Jamiepo's first hi-res pic, the connection to the fuel pressure regulator goes to the intake manifold on the driver's side top, as does the line from the throttle vacuum control and one to the vent off the rocker cover (there should be a t-piece here with a small takeoff for the pipe to the intake manifold).

Too bloody wet outside to take pics for you at the moment but I will if you are desperate..

Will

Cheers guys I'll give em a go at lunch seems that i kinda got them in the right order with the exception of 1 off the throttle body.....let you know how I get on....

Weapon, I tells ya.......rip that sh*t off fukn bin it all fukn crap rubber hoses...mmmmm nice new stuff.....me thinks fuel lines next couple of dodgy buggers in here i notice........