Sign in to follow this  
bumpstop325

My penis, just got bigger

This is my mk1 design in heat sheild design. Spent most of the time i had, on making sure i had a one nice weld(by my opinion) on the air duct. This is not the final design. When other plans are put into action, further mods will happen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Makes alots more induction noise (only noticable over 4500rpm)and bum dyno says alot smoother rise in appilcation of throttle. Maybe +10kw if im lucky. It is as long as the mtec1 steering wheel is wide.

I need to do a drive-by under that motorway bridge again, with this on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

you adding to that sheild at all?

just that there;'s a huge gap at the back, which, is the hottest end of that part of the engine ba theoretically.....

you got a cold air pipe running to feed this also? or just rock whatever comes in behind the headlight?

looks good.

I will build a mk2 design later when, i can spend more time on a carboard cut out first. It will most likely be a fully enclosed airbox

No pipes as of yet. apart from taking out the headlights. The main mission of the day was to get the pod fitted correctly. for final design, then make a make shift heat sheild for the time being.

just sheet metal. I bent 2 safe edges on the top and the side and then just tacked it on with the mig, in 5 places.

sprayed it with a couple of coats of black enamel paint.

depends what kinda airbox he was running before and how it performs with an m30.

I wouldn't expect 10kw either. prolly pick up a little more with a mean full exhaust, if you don't already have something.... sounds nice whatever you've got, form what i heard of you leaving richard/lewis place the other week

Edited by CaM