Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Boy Racers

Yes very wise words Jazzbass thanks for that, you just put everything into perspective for me :D

i have pretty much lost all faith in the police system and for good reason. the police 'service' has let people down time and time again and they treat anyone that fits the 'boy racer' profile like sh*t then wonder why todays youth doesnt respect the police!

its the wannabe heros that tharsh their cars on the street to impress the boyz and under age gurls that ruin it for tru car enthusists that actually appriciate nice cars (like bmws!)

My dad used to be a cruise Queen street on a friday and saturday night. Did the whole stretch with out getting stopped at a red light and did 160kms along Queen street twice. It seems crazy I know, it would be completely impossible to attempt this these days, but the car culture has been around forever. Yes there are idiots out there that have a few drinks then think its a good idea to burnouts in highly public places, they think they are invincible.

But I do think that the cops should put more focus into the real crimes, not ticketing us because we have a car that looks nice. When my brother was still at primary school a college student would harrass him on the way home from school. My mum rang the cops, they said they would be round the next day.

3 days later no cops.

they guy harrassed my brother again, same deal 3 days later no cops.

It happend again and my mum happend to be driving past, she followed the kid home and talked to his parents

= problem sorted

My mum doing something that the cops could have sorted straight away if they had of kept their word.

Something similar happened to a friend: his kid being bullied after school. The father stepped in as they were tussling and pulled them apart. Long story short - he ended up with a criminal conviction and community service because by actually (gasp) touching the little sebasatian he 'assaulted' him. The bastard bully is still laughing...

That to me is an example of how ridiculous our laws and policing have become.

its rediculous!!!!!

I also enjoyed the sunday clip. I had my last car impounded for boy racing, got loos of license and a big ass fine, slod the car as soon as i got it bck and got me bimmer, i was a menace back then, i got caught red handed going 160 in a 50 kph area, about 6 cop cars surrounded me, it was all good though, my fault so i couldnt do much, since then, (2years) i have grown up a bit, although get annoyed at people steirotyping people that are not even boyracers, like my self, i get targeted cos i got some bling on my wheels, no reason though... TA B)

I also enjoyed the sunday clip. I had my last car impounded for boy racing, got loos of license and a big ass fine, slod the car as soon as i got it bck and got me bimmer, i was a menace back then, i got caught red handed going 160 in a 50 kph area, about 6 cop cars surrounded me, it was all good though, my fault so i couldnt do much, since then, (2years) i have grown up a bit, although get annoyed at people steirotyping people that are not even boyracers, like my self, i get targeted cos i got some bling on my wheels, no reason though... TA B)

you saying you aren't a boy racer? so if you hadn;t been caught would you have kept doing it?

A personal opinion:

Rather than spending a large amount of money on a lowered pimped ride it is better to,

1 Buy a completely stock 1300cc 4 door Corolla, Be Mr (or Miss) reliable, your car will always run & you won't get hassled by the police.

and then

2 Buy or build a real race, rally or drift car.

It will cost you less in the long run and make you a better driver

A personal opinion:

Rather than spending a large amount of money on a lowered pimped ride it is better to,

1 Buy a completely stock 1300cc 4 door Corolla, Be Mr (or Miss) reliable, your car will always run & you won't get hassled by the police.

and then

2 Buy or build a real race, rally or drift car.

It will cost you less in the long run and make you a better driver

SO TRUE!! once you've had your bum in the seat at a track, you never look back [you can't drive consistantly at the limit on the street] unfortunately most people are intimidated at the thought of entering into competition FOR THE FIRST TIME [remember we all started somewhere] You are better off being the only one on the track thats inexperienced,The other racers will know where you are. Most Racers Are Very Friendly & Helpful [The only think they don't like is having nobody to race]

But, but, but - that would mean being seen in a (gasp) Toyota!!

That's NEVER going to happen to me. ;)

But, but, but - that would mean being seen in a (gasp) Toyota!!

That's NEVER going to happen to me. ;)

OK - I'll let you have a 4 door E36 318 - but it must be completely stock

But still you Turkeys bitch about what is going on!!!!what are you going to do about it.....as for 100% legit, well fcuk me, the majority of society doesn't know what that is so how the fcuk are a couple of sawnoff wankers with a grand total of 2mins driving education going to understand the concept of suspension travel, bumpsteer or braking ratios, when all that is shoved down your throat(or eyes) is PIMP MY RIDE, OVERHAULING and all the other gay bolt on shows.....Did you even know that increasing or decreasing your rotating mass weight on the end of an axle can drastically affect your handling and braking????Did you know that in the world of electroplating there is a really big no-no-chromium plating of aluminium, due to the electrolysis....damn don't put the modified car owner in the same sentence as boy racer.......and as I said before, pipe dreams aside, how many do it for real put their money where their mouth is, and drive it to the limit at the track.....wanker trailer queens bolt on some gay chromies and a fcken veilside, paint it some gay colour and don't forget the milo tin exhaust tip, hack them springs and fill the car with TVs and speakers then boy you got a driving experience!!!

Had some bogan take out the 11kV pole just around the corner from me last night. Hit it dead centre in the bonnet. I arrived about 20 secs later (I'm also a first-aider - I believe every driver should be), but no-one was hurt. Seems he was showing off to his mates and failed to safely negotiate the corner. The police noticed straight away that the suspension was lowered and checked the coils - apparently he would have had very little control with the wheels like that. I spoke to the driver (to check that everyone was OK), he then decamped the scene before the cops arrived - gutless wanker.

Now that guy is an example of why the cops like to check lowered cars. Although no-one was injured, it could so have been different!

Edited by Jazzbass