Sign in to follow this  
Miller

e36 CAI

Hey i was just woundering if any one out there has done a CAI on ther 6 cylinder e36? Any pictures and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

search on google and u shall find.

but there are two ways of doing it, either extend it down to your bumper and be careful with puddles or make a heat shield and leave it behind the left headlight.

let me know if u decide to do this, i was looking at doin it too.

Yea. Im thinking about doing it my self rather than buying an expensive kit. What would you suggest to use for the walls of the box? Sheet metal or plastic? Would sheet metal absorb the heat? Thanks

Personally I just ripped all the baffles out of the factory box and put in a K&N, and I can't really see any other system

being superior enough to justify the cost.

Funny you should say that. I have just done the same thing. Really happy with the result and didnt cost me any more money which is always good. lol. Thanks

Personally I just ripped all the baffles out of the factory box and put in a K&N, and I can't really see any other system

being superior enough to justify the cost.

did u put in a heat shield as well? could u post a pic please?

i'd be keen to do this, but need to make a heat shield and that doesnt seem very easy. without it its pointless.

You dont need a heat shield. You use the factory airbox which is sealed to keep out the heat. But you gut the inside of the box and put in a K&N panel filter. Sounds great.

why would another panel filter sound any different to the stock one. cone filters sound cool because they suck in air.