Sign in to follow this  
WarNox

e36 Shock Absorbers

I need new shocks all round. Do u guys think i should go with standard bmw shocks ($738 EACH for front, $150EACH rear, 2year warrenty) or get monroe's (4year warrenty, $439front pair and $261rear pair).

$738 for each shock is just plainly STUPID. front bmw ones are blistein and rear are bouge.

oh and a good place to buy monroe's from...

thnx...

Edited by WarNox

Have a talk to Grant Scheuber at George Stock and Co, 09 2707214, they're the Koni importers and may do you a good deal, they're doing the E30 cars, worth trying.

Have a talk to Grant Scheuber at George Stock and Co, 09 2707214, they're the Koni importers and may do you a good deal, they're doing the E30 cars, worth trying.

thanks for the info, i will ring tomorrow. i can get blistein but it'll be double the price of monroe and 1/2 the warrenty period. so i doubt that i will, unless u race your car there is no point gettin blistein, i just want something thats good all round and not too costly. how does koni or kyb compare to monroe quality wise?

Just be glad you don't have EDC - it's $1,600 PER SCHOCK!!

Jochen

Don't go for Monroe, from my experience, Beemers as with some other euro cars dont like them, as stated earlier Koni excellent option but also can be costly, I have fitted KYB's to E36's & found them good - good pricing too. George Stocks can do those too.

Cheers

Grant

thnx man!

ill ring george stock tmrw and see what the pricing is like.

do u think if i get monroes that they'll be worse than what i have on now, which is standard 1993 e36 shocks (SA import).

Edited by WarNox

thnx man!

ill ring george stock tmrw and see what the pricing is like.

do u think if i get monroes that they'll be worse than what i have on now, which is standard 1993 e36 shocks (SA import).

Depends how bad your ones are - shocks are past their best at 40000km's on NZ roads. Your cars original spec shocks when new would certainly out perform Monroe, - leave the Monroe's for the aussie S##t

yeah i wouldnt want to get something thats worse than my stock suspension made in 1993.

i rang george stock but grant wasnt there and these were the prices:

KONI:

Front: 436+gst each

Rear: 224+gst each

KYB:

Front: 340+gst each

Rear: 76+gst each

from what i've heard koni is probably the same kinda thing as blistein, but the guy i spoke to seemed to think koni is much better. both are rebuildeable. the warrenty on those is 2years or 50,000km.

From the shock stop:

BLISTEIN:

Front: 356+gst each

Rear: 227+gst each

MONROE:

Front: $439+gst BOTH

Rear: $261+gst BOTH

also 2 year warrenty.

ok so now i have to decide, and i also need to do my brakes so somethings gona have to wait, i've never heard of kyb, blistein/koni seem a bit expensive since im not goin to race, and im doubtfull of monroe. dammit, so difficult.

Edited by WarNox

cool, finaly someone with personal experience.

everything i've heard about bilsteins has been good so far though. koni's aren't used as much in bmw's as bilsteins but i read some posts that some Koni's SA with top adjustment went bad after just one year and stuff, but guys in america get lifetime warrenty so suppose overthere it wouldnt matter. which konis do u have in the 328?

thnx for the info...