Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

custom carbon fibre

Anyone know where to get things custom fabricated in carbon/carbon kevlar? Keen for a bonnet and sunroof panel... just want some prices.

Cheers

Chris

Guest Spargo

Anyone know where to get things custom fabricated in carbon/carbon kevlar? Keen for a bonnet and sunroof panel... just want some prices.

Cheers

Chris

GB. Dooooooo it.

Seriously. 500euro for the s/r panel, you lose all functionality.

about the same for the bonnet, retaining the metal frame.

try E30motorsport.de and MA Shaw.

I will be getting some carbon panels made for my E30 in the coming months, a bonnet and bootlid to start with. These will be "proper" carbon panels, using pre-preg and vacuum bagged and autoclaved- so super light, and super strong, using 100% carbon, not a top layer of carbon over glass, as many do. The guy I am using does top quality work for motorsport, and as a result the finish would be equally at home on a show car. I expect the bonnet to be around $2K, maybe a little less. This will be for the outer skin, bonded to an inner frame made out of carbon that replicates the steel frame (so two moulds to make it) and it will bolt to the existing hinges, retaining the standard catch etc. It was not my intention to get them made to sell, but if there is any interest, then I am happy to keep you guys posted.

cheers Conrad

Edited by conrod