Sign in to follow this  
oldskoolbma

how much are M series shocks worth?

Around $1200 I think. Have a look at www.shox.com for the Bilstein sports shocks for e30 - same shocks. I think they may be as low as $700 there.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

1200 will be for the full set, and I'm pretty sure rears are usually cheaper so say around $400.

OEM 'M' shocks are either boge or bilstein (probably revalved to suit BMW)

My bad - thought you meant the whole set.

1200 will be for the full set, and I'm pretty sure rears are usually cheaper so say around $400.

OEM 'M' shocks are either boge or bilstein (probably revalved to suit BMW)

sh*t are they really worth that much?, my dads mate works at bmw and gave me some that were lying aroung he told me they were M series but doesnt say it anywhre on them. if i posted a pic would you be able to tell me for certain if they are?

and would you possibly knw if they are shorter shocks than standard e30 shocks? cheers

Secondhand shocks out of a msport are worth maybe $300 OR 400 for a full set max. I'm still sure they aren't any shorter.

No one really seams to buy Mtec shocks new, most people go for the konis or bilstein if they looking for a performance shock. I don't know how much shorter they are than standard. The Mtec shocks might say 'bilstein' or 'boge turbo' on them. I'm running boge turbos in the rear and they retail for roughly $300 (pair) from memory.

the shocks second hand? How worn are they? If you have them then take out one of your rear shocks (takes 10 min max) and compare them.

Edited by petone

No one really seams to buy Mtec shocks new, most people go for the konis or bilstein if they looking for a performance shock. I don't know how much shorter they are than standard. The Mtec shocks might say 'bilstein' or 'boge turbo' on them. I'm running boge turbos in the rear and they retail for roughly $300 (pair) from memory.

the shocks second hand? How worn are they? If you have them then take out one of your rear shocks (takes 10 min max) and compare them.

hey there brand spanking new, and my dads mate who works at bmw gave em to me for free? if they arnt gunna make a difference in my car compared to the standard shocks as i have lowered springs then im not gunna bother putting them in and just sell them. they do say turbo boge on them, how much u reckon i cud get for them on trademe???

\

cheers

do you need the shocks to be shorter?

otherwise put them in. They're stiffer than standard so will be better suited to your stiffer springs (assuming you lowered your car properly) and are also brand new so wont be worn out like your old standard ones, will transform the car.

do you need the shocks to be shorter?

otherwise put them in. They're stiffer than standard so will be better suited to your stiffer springs (assuming you lowered your car properly) and are also brand new so wont be worn out like your old standard ones, will transform the car.

well the shocks in my car now are new i had to get new 1s when i got the car, i have lowered the car properly but wanting to lower like it another inch or 2 in the back but cant b bother with that now so just keen to sell em aye. how much do u reckon i wud get on trademe for them?