Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

SPAM!

I use xtra as my ISP at home which i think are sh*t but i get it free through work so im not going to complain about it too much...except when i use outlook and download my emails, half of which are SPAM..

Its reaaaly annoying!!!! suggestions?

Cheers

Ive been talking to the guys at Paradise about this and its all over work (Telecom) as well. Neither can explain why the sudden increase but both are supposed 'working' on it.

Ive gone from no spam in 12 months with Paradise to a dozen emails a day and your right....its annoying.

Spam:

Posted Image

Lots of Spam:

Posted Image

My free e-mail accounts are particulary bad with spam, one of them i get between 50-100 in about three days or so i think. Worst part is sorting through it to determine whether it is spam or not.

Edited by SkylineObsession

yes about a year ago i was getting heaps even tho paradise have a "spam" filter,then it dropped of but lately i have been getting about 10 a day.Pisses me off!

i think theoretically its illegal here too.The other aspect is the threat of viruses and even more spam if you follow one of the links.I ussually just delete them because the subjects lines are pretty recognizeable,but every now and then there is one that seems a bona fide email from someone.Because i get emails from allsorts of people re the BMWCC plus a couple of other sites i go too i dont always recognize the sender

I know F**k all about computers [pocket calculaters maybe] , I use XTRA and get ZERO spam.

XTRA had this Free spam filter that I now use, 2 out of every 3 emails I received had the word 'SPAM' in brackets attached. What I did was create a 'RULE' in my computer to Automatically delete emails with the word 'spam'.

Spam sucks @ss. I probably get 50/50 spam vs real email at work. At home Zone Alarm picks up 95% of it.

Kerry the redirection would be funny for about a day, then chances are the recipient's ISP would idenfity you as a spam source & shut down your account.

Yeah! He's such a good trusting mate [He won't give me his email address]

Anyone else get that sh!t from Binbo or bebo or something like that?Like 4/5 of my emails are from them,Tried blocking,still nothing ahhh

bitdefender with antispam on and the toolbar in outlook.

Mozilla Thunderbird for me, get maybe 1 a week when unlucky.