Sign in to follow this  
KeithAndrew

Z3 Boot Wiring

:Bad Design: Has anyone else had a problem with the wiring loom wearing through where the boot hinge is rubbing on the loom between the two rubber grommets on their Z3 ? Although it a 1999 car its only done 33000kms so the boot hasnt been used very much.I discovered this when I found the light in the boot not working and the central locking blew the fuse. On close inspection there was a small hole in the outside sheath so when I had a closer look after freeing the cable from the plastic retainer 4 of the seven or eight wires were broken due to a part of the hinge rubbing on the cable.

Edited by Z3Man

:Bad Design: Has anyone else had a problem with the wiring loom wearing through where the boot hinge is rubbing on the loom between the two rubber grommets on their Z3 ? Although it a 1999 car its only done 33000kms so the boot hasnt been used very much.I discovered this when I found the light in the boot not working and the central locking blew the fuse. On close inspection there was a small hole in the outside sheath so when I had a closer look after freeing the cable from the plastic retainer 4 of the seven or eight wires were broken due to a part of the hinge rubbing on the cable.

i had this problem with a 1991 318i had to replace wirring from another car .

soldered it in to car loom .

i have a rear end from a z3 if you need wiring , only done 16,000km

i had this problem with a 1991 318i had to replace wirring from another car .

soldered it in to car loom .

i have a rear end from a z3 if you need wiring , only done 16,000km

Thanks

Waiting for a reply from BMW NZ as to fix but may call when Ive heard from them