Sign in to follow this  
phil millar

Performance Chip

Hi to all you E30 guys and girls out there, well i installed my new performance chip this afternoon and all i can say is Wow, what a difference to acceleration/torque, it is phenonimal.The car runs so much smoother and wants to take off at the slightest pressure on the accelerator,i should have done this ages ago, it's worth the money and i cloned it before i installed it.

yes im VERY interested as have been after something like this for ages. also what model e30 do you own? i only have a 320i but would love a little upgrade..

Also interested in understanding what, where, how much, etc

more info please :)

- brand

- specs

- cost

The brand is RENKO

Specs are 15 BHP at the flywheel increase.

Torque is up 30Nm increase

Cost Approx $450.00 ea.Not avaliable until mid October.

This is a no Bullshit Chip,i have tested this out today on the open road and it makes my BMW move in ways it did not before.However my 320i e30 has several other modifications done to the engine and before installing the CHIP it was quick.But now it is very quick.The CHIP is for ECU 172 and the other is for 173's.

I have noticed the increase in TORQUE right through the rev range, which gives me far greater flexibility at low engine revelutions.The increase in power and torque has resulted in faster acceleration and it is not just standing start acceleration that has improved, but also ingear acceleration as well.Overtaking on the open road has improved drasticley.As i said this is a NO BULLSHIT chip and i'm pleased that i did my homework before i bought this one,it has taken me a year to find this chip as there is alot of duds on the market, beleive me.

Arse dyno, doesn't count.

Show me the graphs. Before and after.

I'm sure you may be right, but before I'd cough up money, I'd want proof.

Arse dyno, doesn't count.

Show me the graphs. Before and after.

I'm sure you may be right, but before I'd cough up money, I'd want proof.

To all the people who view or reply to this item , i do not want clever or smart ass comments from you, act MATURE and you will be treated MATURE, or don't bother replying.

To all the people who view or reply to this item , i do not want clever or smart ass comments from you, act MATURE and you will be treated MATURE, or don't bother replying.

He is being mature, and does have a valid point, why would someone pay that much money for something without DYNO proof? I mean i have no doubts that it has increased the performance of your car and i may be keen to purchase one of these in the mean time while i save some $$$ for a Link and my b25 build. But in saying that i also would have to see it on paper... ^_^

Specs are 15 BHP at the flywheel increase.

Torque is up 30Nm increase

Cost Approx $450.00 ea.Not avaliable until mid October.

15 BHP at the flywheel ... what does that turn into at the wheels?

$450 - $720 + gst aus $ (as per your other post) for a chip that could give you 20 RWHP ? seems a little high.

why would you not get a link for $970 inc gst NZD and the skys the limit.

theres enough of us here now that have got them to help out if you want to install it yourself. sure theres the cost of tuning but you can guarantee a lot more then 15BHP at the flywheel.

not trying to piss on your parade, just another option

Edited by 325GRANT

I am being mature. I think you'll find, I'm one of the old bastards on this site.

I can prove that changing from 95 to 98 fuel got me an additional 7kW (9.33hp) at the rear wheels.

Have a look here for proof.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....p;p=entry

Empirical evidence is needed.

Powerchips would probably be my chip of choice and Peter Van Breugel from Prestige Automotive was the local person for Powerchip. Mark has one in his 540, but it is the one for 95 fuel and not really attractive to me. Most of the companies claim about a 10% increase in power.

I'd start with my exhaust first.

As you have the original chip and the Powerchip, get the dyno runs done. For your own records and for anyone else here.

in the weekend i went from 91 to 98 and wow did it make it nice to drive at higher speeds, way more power in 4th.