Sign in to follow this  
BMR_320i

Smoked Lights

Hey guys,

im wanting to get my lights and indicators smoked, how can i go about doing this?

someone told me if i buy a spray tinit i cud just spray the inside of the covers? would this work? and is it hard to do?

any suggestions would b awsum guys.

cheers

depends how dark you go and where you get your WOF's do a search there are plenty of threads on this

ive had VTNZ wof's with smoked front / sides.. I was told they had to flash orange.. thats it. So long as they still flashed orange and could be seen from a certain distance, then it was okay.

hey i did mine with the nite shades from repco, they fade real quick tho, i neva knew you could get glossy tint, whats the proper name for it, and is it just from repco aswell? i think if id have got the glossy one i wouldnt have had the same fading troublz im having now. as for the warent thing i just flew through a warrent with my smoked indicators and mine are pretty dark!! (i used the whole can!!!)

proper names as I wrote above, just spray it on lightly with taking times between coats, if you cant do it then you're a f*cking cabbage. Its easy.

It's illegal to apply any sort of "transparent cover, overlay or paint" that reduces the lights performance, but you are allowed to buy lights that are blacked/smoked already by using darker plastic. So... as long as you do a professional looking job so it is harder to tell they've been sprayed, AND they still flash orange, AND they are visible from 100m in clear daylight conditions and 200m in clear night conditions, then you are sweet.