Sign in to follow this  
EVLBMA

PINK MY RIDE

Also, just to add to the mix. When you get a flatty while driving, the rim has to be the first thing to hit the ground.

So a car less than 100mm off the ground might not pass with standard rims on.

I am under the understanding that heated and compressed springs (done by a pro) are all ok?

I think it means you can't just hit them with a blowtorch while they're still in the car lol.

We were down @ Pauanui over newyears whoever asked... cheers.

Question: if you have say a 19" wheel with a 235/35 tyre on one side and a 18" 235/40 (spare) will it chew the sh^t out of an LSD if driven on for a while? I'm talking difference in rolling radius here.

im one of these sily has to be low kids. i've just spent a couple of grand to get adjusitbles made up for my car so the heat cant be put on by the cops. but its very true they actully dont know sh*t about cars. Im doing a apprenticeshiop as a mechanic and been doing it for a couple of years i know a bit of stuff. so when ever i have Mr officer telling me of i just wait for him to finsh then say well actully the side skirt does not count. My mate had a cop tell him his wheel was rubbing on his hub i was there i laughed blatantly in the cops face and asked him what exactly he thought the hub was cause i was rather confused. But i also think cuts or desprung is pretty excessive. gotta have some kinda bounce. but il be of for certification pretty soon to get my front adjusibles and my 2.5 conversion certed. im pretty sure your allowed spacers as long as they bolted to the hub. oh and i've had tires blow out doing skids and its a real C**t trying to get a jack under there.

Edited by buzzlightyear

im one of these sily has to be low kids. i've just spent a couple of grand to get adjusitbles made up for my car so the heat cant be put on by the cops. but its very true they actully dont know sh*t about cars. Im doing a apprenticeshiop as a mechanic and been doing it for a couple of years i know a bit of stuff. so when ever i have Mr officer telling me of i just wait for him to finsh then say well actully the side skirt does not count. My mate had a cop tell him his wheel was rubbing on his hub i was there i laughed blatantly in the cops face and asked him what exactly he thought the hub was cause i was rather confused. But i also think cuts or desprung is pretty excessive. gotta have some kinda bounce. but il be of for certification pretty soon to get my front adjusibles and my 2.5 conversion certed. im pretty sure your allowed spacers as long as they bolted to the hub. oh and i've had tires blow out doing skids and its a real C**t trying to get a jack under there.

What company is your apprenticeship with?

Also, just to add to the mix. When you get a flatty while driving, the rim has to be the first thing to hit the ground.

So a car less than 100mm off the ground might not pass with standard rims on.

I am under the understanding that heated and compressed springs (done by a pro) are all ok?

Hey Guys ,I just started reading this thread.

Has this Car been certed or not? this hasn't been answered on this Thread Yet!

I've had several Motorsport cars certed [for road use] and they are under the 100mm rule of thumb, MANZ requires the vehicle to be towable with 4 punctures & no scraping

My interpretation of Heating springs is: Springs can be re-set to a different height by a spring manufactuer [when I do this myself,I become the manufacturer]LTSA prefers manufacturers ,because most people DON'T KNOW what they are doing!

Springs can slowly sag to a different height over a period of time/cycles [you can hurry this process up ,with heat. 400c max] I personally think re-setting springs "proffesionally" [if I pay myself $1.00] is a better option than aftermarket springs.[the spring frequency is a known factor for the chassis suspension geometry]I'm not talking about racing cars here

From a Legal perpective, If your Beemer was illegal/unsafe when it was at Pitstop. they are require to remedy this [& charge you accordingly] If they "looked the other way" and you had an accident that could have been contributed to,by your modifications under our present law Pitstop could be held accountable even tho' they didn't perform these mods [f**ken Sucks Aye]

Anyway your car looks great...If it isn't legal,it's worth going to the expense of making it legal

low = good. thats all i gotta say. dont rip on me its just my opinion im not trying to force it upon anyone.

to get a warrent anywhere(what u get stickered you can only goto vtnz, ltsa, etc...) say ur plates got stolen.. u goto police, report it, they file it, you get a copy, you goto postshop, you give them report, pay $14.90... and get new plates and sticker goes away. wof anywhere. done many times.

did you get a fine? if so how much bro?

Edited by bumpdE30

say ur plates got stolen.. u goto police, report it, they file it, you get a copy, you goto postshop, you give them report, pay $14.90... and get new plates and sticker goes away. wof anywhere. done many times.

Haha never thought of that one, although ive never had to... ill keep it in mind for when some pig does succeed in stickerzoring me lol :D

low = good. thats all i gotta say. dont rip on me its just my opinion im not trying to force it upon anyone.

to get a warrent anywhere(what u get stickered you can only goto vtnz, ltsa, etc...) say ur plates got stolen.. u goto police, report it, they file it, you get a copy, you goto postshop, you give them report, pay $14.90... and get new plates and sticker goes away. wof anywhere. done many times.

did you get a fine? if so how much bro?

i dont think you get a fine when they pink sticker your car, but you get a $600 fine for driving with a pink sticker and $600 for removing a pink sticker well thats what it used to be when i was driving reckless cars :ph34r: oh and then theyll give you another pink sticker and you might even get the green sticker, cant remeber what the green sticker means but i think if you drive with a green sticker your car gets impounded and you go to the cells, somthing like that.

mmm yeah nasty wouldnt really want that. havnt had a sticker on my bma yet, but its not on bumps anymore i decided to put my other springs back in.. sl kings. looks damn sexy with the kings in but i just love the look of it being on bumps at the back. but it looks so much more professional with the kings in.

does anybody know if e46 rear springs are quite small compared to e30?

my mate jono has a e30 and hes apprantly.. got e46 springs in the rear (lowered springs) and the rubber bumpstops are about 1mm from touching. the springs arnt cut.

did I hear right in saying that there was at least one police officer on this website ? was a while back I heard this.

Edited by E30stz

Thats very low! Not sure I would like mine that low but I really like the look of your car. Got any other specs on your car apart from being low and pinkied???

Edited by Napier_E36

i used to love working in the mechanics shop doing warrents and raz0ring peoples mirror tints haha, massive slashes through them and the guys are like WTF ARE YOU DOING??!! "sorry mate, cant have em aye" *SLICE n DICE* haha man i still remember those good times : ) priceless.

How many times did you get a smack in the head for that. Nothing worse than a typical disrespectful monkey mechanic.

We were down @ Pauanui over newyears whoever asked... cheers.

Saw your car in pauanui again....Was that your mate in the Maxima (or cefiro) that was following behind you??

Coz sum1 in the maxima shot something at my mates car and dented the rear quarter panel

Guest Spargo

How many times did you get a smack in the head for that. Nothing worse than a typical disrespectful monkey mechanic.

I would say... about zero times. If you manage to lay a finger on Sic, you should probably sign up for UFC.

Thats very low! Not sure I would like mine that low but I really like the look of your car. Got any other specs on your car apart from being low and pinkied???

Haha cheers, not pinkied anymore :D It's a 325i manual with all the usual motorsport goodies-LSD etc. Previous owner did all the engine work so don't know too much about it. I know it's basically as close as you'll get 2 3.0 L which is kinda different. I kinda started out with the idea I wanted it to be low so it suits me down to the ground!

Your running 19's ... quite similar to mine. Its a big sqeeze to get em on ... the problem is if you get em on legal limit the can make the car look a bit high.

I have sweet f all clearence on my rear guards and tires but I have had quite a bit of flaring alround.

What ends up making my car look low is the fact the wheels are close to the guards and the wheel line follows the arch of the guard. Infact I have quite a bit of travel, and suprisingly enough the m3 front still has a lot of clearence to park / speed bumps.

At the end of the day its up to you what you do, but I would raise it a little personally. You enjoy your car a lot more getting a good set of coil overs in. And you can really use that power you have under the bonnet. :)