Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Meremere Open Day?

Hey,word on the street...wellone person at school, is that Champion Dragway is having a openday.ie anyone in any car can enter.No regulations just need a helmet.Apparently cost about 15-20 dollars.

I have no idea if it's real but if it is,I would be realy realy keen to go and see what my car can do...probably nothing but it'd be fun as.Burnout comp would be sweet too!

Anyone know anything about this?

Cheers

Ashkan

Yea. im not sure when the nest one is but i have been to meremere twice with my car. Great fun. All you need is a helmet and a car that is up to wof standard. eg. good tyres, secure battery etc.

It's any DYO (dial your own) day. Helmet, warranted and registered and a current licence. About $35 last time, if I remember rightly. $10 to get in and $25 to race.

Then you get split out into your relevant class. It's not the fastest car that wins, it's about being consistent.

Heaps of fun.

Guest Andrew

Keep an eye out for the nightspeed events - we all get emails about it so will post up here when the next one is.

Yeh that'd be it.Apparently it's the Silvia club or something's day but aparently anyone can enter as there are a few clubs going.Not sure though..mates going to ring them tonight.Let ya know if anything comes up.

Guest Andrew

Yeh that'd be it.Apparently it's the Silvia club or something's day but aparently anyone can enter as there are a few clubs going.Not sure though..mates going to ring them tonight.Let ya know if anything comes up.

It isn't a club day - anyone can go (to night speed)

Clubs have days also - they are usually invite only.

Ohh nah,not talking about Nightspeed.Taken a mates 7 there before,real fun.

Yup again,have no idea and couldn't find anything on the net about it,just waiting for a mate to see what it is.

Chur

also your expansion tank needs to have some sort of catch container at the end of the overflow pipe. This is so ppl's cars dont spew water on the track, if something happens.

That'd be sweet,real keen to go aye..just need some tires to rape haha

Sounds just like someone has hired the track and to cover costs has opened up entry. I'm racing my new car down at Meremere on Saturday morning, a mate of a mate hired out the track so we should get a decent number of runs.

I've never actually run at the Nightspeed purely because the number of competitors that turn up mean you get bugger all runs.

Nightspeed season;

Friday 3rd November 2006 Night Speed Drag Wars #1

Friday 17th November 2006 Night Speed Drag Wars #2

Friday 1st December 2006 Night Speed Drag Wars #3

Friday 19th January 2007 Night Speed Drag Wars #4

Friday 16th February 2007 Night Speed Drag Wars #5

Friday 2nd March 2007 Night Speed Drag Wars #6 – Final

Race entry $35 plus $15 NZDRA affiliation fee

The price is getting up there.

I've never had an issue getting enough runs on a Nightspeed evening. You will get 3 practice runs (if you want), then into competition.

Once you are out, then you get to grudge race for the rest of the evening.

For me 6 or 7 attempts at ruining my clutch is enough risk for one night. I guess it's ok, if you have a cheap one or a motor with no torque.

I'll try to get a mate in his 645i down one of those nights.