Sign in to follow this  
danutt

BANG!!

my brothers got an e21 318i m10 auto and we started it a couple of days ago and i was still walking over to the car and heard a loud bang, it wasnt a backfire but came from the engine bay

the car doesnt want to stay ideling it runs slightly and then dies and then it wont run at all and wont turn over at all

taken the rocker cover off and turned the crank and all parts move so i dont think anythings broken on the bottom end

any ideas what the problem is or what has gone POP??

for the past couple of weeks prior to this when driving and coming to a stop the car would often die,help needed

any info is greatly appreciated

Perhaps a blow back has caused a vacuum leak in the intake

and how would you solve that?where should i look to see if that is the problem?

keep the ideas coming

thanx

On the upper right side is a search function, click it, type in "vacuum leak" in the keyword section and select the maintenance section then click the perform search button and have a read

On the upper right side is a search function, click it, type in "vacuum leak" in the keyword section and select the maintenance section then click the perform search button and have a read

got home to find out my brother found the problem sumhow an injector "POPPED" out

damn funny

thanx for the input