Sign in to follow this  
danutt

spacers

looking for a set of those wheel spacers they use to convert hubs to for example a 5 stud pattern but in this case just the same pcd but want to use the spacer plates to push the wheels out wider to give the car a good stance

where can i get these?and how much are they?

bugger tht then im just gonna get bigger tyres and also i have jamex springs 60mm in front and 40mm at the back havnt been in the car long at all and was wondering if neone here would swap them for some dobi's ???heard they were a stiffer spring?

wat else can i do thats not expensive to just stiffen up the ride??

thank you

Guest Andrew

bugger tht then im just gonna get bigger tyres and also i have jamex springs 60mm in front and 40mm at the back havnt been in the car long at all and was wondering if neone here would swap them for some dobi's ???heard they were a stiffer spring?

wat else can i do thats not expensive to just stiffen up the ride??

thank you

what shocks do you have?

what shocks do you have?

seriously not looking at changing the shocks as far as i know they are munroe gas shocks and havnt been shortened(uncertain of cost?)also heard the jamex are a softer spring so if i got a stiffer spring that would help...also a pitstop crew told me about rubber inserts between the springs coils to stop the car slightly from going too low or bottoming out on bumpy roads, heard of these?

I got 30mm spacers and I didn't get pingd for them from a decent WOF place,failed a whole lotta crap though haha

Edit 30mm not 3 lol

Edited by blackbma

I got 3mm spacers and I didn't get pingd for them from a decent WOF place,failed a whole lotta crap though haha

yea heard you need those kinda spacers for some rims to fit but the spacers im refering to are the ones used to convert 4 stud to 5 stud and thier thickness is more like 2cm

yeah those I think you'll find are illegal. Hub adaptors they're called arent they.

Your best bet is to do a E30 4 stud - > E36 318ti 5 stud conversion. Rear alone will cost around $300 without diff. To go 5 stud I dont know you'll be spending any less than maybe $900-1k on just hte stud pattern conversion.

yeah those I think you'll find are illegal. Hub adaptors they're called arent they.

Your best bet is to do a E30 4 stud - > E36 318ti 5 stud conversion. Rear alone will cost around $300 without diff. To go 5 stud I dont know you'll be spending any less than maybe $900-1k on just hte stud pattern conversion.

not looking to change the stud patern but to give the car a better stance to get rid of some body roll

im looking for a set of rims now to get rid of tyre roll i have 60 profile 205's at the moment and hopefully 205 or 215 40 profile (or sumin similar)thatl make a difference ive heard it does even on standard height cars, so mines lowered 60 mm in front and 40mm at the back so should handle better :)

Edited by danutt