Sign in to follow this  
Guest reckless

turbo tips

Guest Andrew

what about oil supply to the turbo any ideas?

Oil supply to turbo from the oil pressure switch - a T-connector - and then a restrictor to bring oil pressure to the turbo down.

Guest reckless

what turbo would be good for my turb project, cos im looking at buying one and would like some input into what would best? cos i have know idea :blink: and would i need a new fuel pump ? :unsure:

Guest Andrew

what turbo would be good for my turb project,  cos im looking at buying one and would like  some input into what would best? cos i have know idea :blink:  and would i need a new fuel pump ? :unsure:

I was leaning to a T28 - or some kind of T3. I think a T28 will be nice and easy to find of some wrecked SR20-DET and only will do 10lbs of boost which is what i'm looking for. There is the other issue that I might want to run more boost - but i'll get a more suitable turbo when it comes to that. Get Corky Bell - Maximum Boost.

Fuel system is OK - might want to run some larger injectors - but it will all be very tuneable with the ECU - so you'll be able to tell when things aren't right.

Guest Andrew

what internals are you gonna run in your block andrew? :huh:

stock - for the now

When this motor dies - or i get boost happy.

I'll do a 2.8 or 2.7 build with low compression pistons and use some eta crank (forged) and run a little bit more boost.

I don't really expect the motor to die - if anything the bottom end will poo itself after a while.