Sign in to follow this  
Docile

SICK AND TIRED

I hate my e36 not having cup holders, it annoys the crap out of me, although i dont eat drive through anymore so its not such a factor, but i no what your getting at!!!

Could always get those $20 dual cup holders for 'V' size and normal size drinks from Repco -- but they will look out of place.

I'm considering modding the door cards to allow for a drink bottle either side like the Ford Escapes or Holden Rodeos.

- In the meantime I only get a drive-thru drink or buy a drink i can't hold [easy with an auto] when I have a personal drink-holder in the passenger seat.

OH man thats classic LOL!! if only i had the guts to do that to mine LOL!!

Simple: Buy a spare console & cut that up

[where did you get the pics from? LHD!]

hmm might do the same to my spare centre console its been bugginh me for ages, otherwise if you have an older e30, rip the tape holder out: mint for holding up to 2x cups

Edited by nz320i

Get the cap with the (beer) can holders either side and in built straw to the mouth if you want to drive serious and drink, without slopping it about and ending up with smelly (milk) interior - phew! :D

Otherwise concentrate on the road :o

just kidding - ive gone from jdm to edm with my e36 recently and can feel the frustration.

bike type drink bottle lying down in the centre consiole is what i do on road trips

Shouldn't be eating mcd's full stop but e30 consoles seem to hold drinks well between them and the passenger seat.

All BMWs have perfect McDs cup size gap either between seat and console or between handbrake lever and console - ive never spilt a drink except beer bottles sliding off the tabletop in my E34. Drink holders are teh ghey

The new Mazda MX-5 has four cupholders, for two seats. Why?

So you can take drinks home for the poor buggers who couldn't get a lift. We have an older MX5, has a single cup holder, and its right below the gear shifter (pain in the arse). If Mazda have found a way to fit 4 cups in there, then the MX5 is certainly putting on a lot of weight (ours is only 940kg).

I'm picking up my new E36 325i this weekend, and I'd love one of those OEM cup holders too. I remember when my parents got their 325, I was quite suprised to find they didn't have one, perfectly smooth ride, good power, nice boot room, but nowhere to put my bloody cup :blink:

Still have the 535i here, think I might butcher a cup holder in to that, maybe use that for the McDonalds run (or Subway).

man talk about cutting corners in the freakin factory.. "germans oh lets put a good engine in.. ya.. makes car go vroom.. hmm.. lets put some airbags for the poor fool who crashes.. ya.. safety.. hmm no more money left ... lets leave out the cup holder.. who need sit.. ya..

man talk about cutting corners in the freakin factory.. "germans oh lets put a good engine in.. ya.. makes car go vroom.. hmm.. lets put some airbags for the poor fool who crashes.. ya.. safety.. hmm no more money left ... lets leave out the cup holder.. who need sit.. ya..

Hahaha, I don't need it :P But it IS a luxury car! Have you tried wreckers? There was one being sold in Bimmerforums sometime last week.