Sign in to follow this  
Docile

e36 strut bars

ok so i had a browse at ebay yesterday and i found a buy now of 10 USD for a e36 strut bar... + 40 USD int shipping.

front strut

or these ones but more expensive

carbon

do you guys think they are any good? or cheaper elsewhere? coz ive got relatives over in da US of A that could just get them for me and ship it to me which is way cheaper

hey the look pretty good to me, if ya go ahead with it hook me up with one to, ill be keen, no relatives in the US for me :(

yeah before i go ahead ill need a second opinion..

the carbon one is for front and rear struts..

Edited by Docile

There's always been arguments as to whether strut bars make a significant difference or not. It seems strut bars should be the last thing you add suspension-wise, because they give you the least value for money. Have you lowered your car? Also, the guys on Bimmerforums say the X-brace is a good value for money mod to firm up your chassis.

If you want to go with strut bars, I wouldn't get those, they look too flimsy. You get what you pay for. There's also the argument about hinged vs non-hinged strut bars, hinged doesn't do much apparently.

well the old man put a strut bar on our odyssey which looks like this one and i gotta admit first time i drove it i was edxpecting a huge body roll in entering a corner at 30 k's.. but it didnt in fact it did improve cornering, he got it from strong honda.

Both look like flimsy bits of sh*t, but then maybe that is why they are anly lunch money prices.

P.s. It is a carbon finish not Carbon, fake finish on a fake bar

As mentioned earlier if you have done every thing else in the suspension then a (REAL) strut brace might make a small improvement, mine did.

yeah i know, but for about 120 bucks i can get it here..

Both look like flimsy bits of sh*t, but then maybe that is why they are anly lunch money prices.

P.s. It is a carbon finish not Carbon, fake finish on a fake bar

As mentioned earlier if you have done every thing else in the suspension then a (REAL) strut brace might make a small improvement, mine did.

Hey you're right! these are just "bling bling"

The fact is :

A strut-brace is to prevent chassis [tower] flex under hard cornering loads, to see a noticeable difference you'll need ,Race Tyres,Stiff Springs,Hard Shocks,Solid Bushings & Rose Jointed Towers [no suspension compliance]

The Stock Rubber Mounted Upper Strut Tower will flex long before the chassis does!

So if you are only after the 'looks'[& to tell bullshit stories], you might as well buy one of these cheap pieces of crap

I've actually personally handled one of these.. sure not hte exact same model but for the E30.. and they are quite strong despite how they look.

ok so i had a browse at ebay yesterday and i found a buy now of 10 USD for a e36 strut bar... + 40 USD int shipping.

front strut

or these ones but more expensive

carbon

do you guys think they are any good? or cheaper elsewhere? coz ive got relatives over in da US of A that could just get them for me and ship it to me which is way cheaper

European Auto Spares has the same metal ones for $150.00. I put one on my car

There Ph# (09) 2623752

European Auto Spares has the same metal ones for $150.00. I put one on my car

There Ph# (09) 2623752

so did it improve your handling??

so did it improve your handling??

I would have to agree with Kerry. Didn't notice a thing. The cars quite stiff already in the front with the Bilstein springs and shocks

Just have to put it down to "$150.00 Bling factor" just somethin else ta clean and polish.

So do sh*t fakes equate to Bling???????

You could spend a little more and get something that looks half way convincing.

That bar has "Tosser" written all over it in neon letters

Anything Shiny that you "Romance" your car with [or your girlfriend. haha!]is Bling!

Mind you,I prefer the Dull Aluminium & Rivets look.

So do sh*t fakes equate to Bling???????

You could spend a little more and get something that looks half way convincing.

That bar has "Tosser" written all over it in neon letters

I fully agree. Forget about it. Save up your money and spend it on something more worthwhile.