Sign in to follow this  
Steve K-B

Rev counter and link computer.

My dads just got his E30 back from the engine/car builder after geting some work done on it including a Link computer. Now the rev counter dosnt work and I was wondering if any one had an idea of how to wire it up. Bavarian told us to pull the inststrument cluster out and hook the two wires from the rev gauge to the coil. Easier said than done as theres about 8 or so wires coming from it. My dads thinking about putting in a big monster tach but neither of us are keen on it as it looks over the top/boyracer style.

If any one has any ideas please let me know, the car has to be ready this weekend. Usually everything wouldhave been done along time ago but we couldnt get hold of the car because the pistons took about 3 months to arive........

Thanks for that :)

Edited by Steve K-B

Take it back mate they should of done the job right in the first place

Yeah, we would if we could. It was done in christchurch and were up in auckland... :angry:

Yeah, we would if we could. It was done in christchurch and were up in auckland... :angry:

Was it done at NZEIF? they are normally pretty good. Hopefully someone up there will sort it

The cars been down at GAC for a bits and peices but im not sure who did the computer. I think they had some one special come in and wire it all up. Im sure graham wasnt thinking along thoses lines as im sure he would be keen for more business from my old man. That and ive only heard hes a good man who knows his stuff. But in saying that im not sure why it isnt working. :huh:

Anyway, does any one know how to do it?

GAC are very very good and graham is a dam good bloke to boot. If a little old school in his thinking sometimes, id say one of the boys from nzefi did it but could be wrong. Give them a ring tomo and talk to Alton, he will hook ya up

Im not sure but as it turns out this link dosnt suport a rev counter.... Anyway the big gauge is in and working now.

I think they had some one special come in and wire it all up.

He can't have been that special if he missed something obvious like a tach! And a computer that doesn't have a tach output, the world famous Link? Anyway, you don't need one, there is a plug hanging in behind the tacho with three wires, green, brown and another colour I can't remember(blue or yellow?) Run a wire to the coil negative, and connect to one of these wires, I think it was the brown one. if you get it wrong, the car will just splutter and cut out.This should get the tach going. Edited by conrod

Guest Spargo

Im not sure but as it turns out this link dosnt suport a rev counter.... Anyway the big gauge is in and working now.

Andrew's tach works <_<

Yeah I no but maybe Mr homewood did what conrod sugested?

Conrod: thanks! but weve left it a bit late to do that and the big ugly tach is working so maybe well have a look at it when we get back.

Guest Andrew

Sorry - been away steve.

(i imagine you are hurtling roads at 200kph in targa and won't get this for a week)