Sign in to follow this  
jpp

steering and fogs...

Just failed my WOF,

1989 320i f/l e30;

inner and outer steering rods have play,

my fogs lights will not work,

high mounted stop light not working;

For the rods, anyone know how much to repair? Is it a tweek or a new one to be put on?

And the fogs, before I went I checked the bulbs as they weren't going, they were fine. So would is the next best option the wiring is shot? Is it possible to re-wire a new circuit or shall I just look for the break?

The brake light has just stopped working. I didn't even realise. Its a hella one, any likely cause as to this?

Cheers for your help in advance,

Jared.

You'll need to replace the steering rods. Is it just one side or both sides?

The outers are easy but the inners are a bit trickier. You'll need a wheel alignment afterwards as well.

Don't be lazy, call around and get prices from BMW parts places. Might pay to get new boots as well if your olds ones are looking pretty shitty. Ripco are generally pretty expensive for euro stuff.

For the lights check the bulbs and fuses, if they blown replace them. Otherwise get yourself a multimeter and work your way pack until you have power. Chances are its eithera blown bulb/fuse or a dirty switch contact.

Or, you can just pull the figs out but you need to have the high stop light for WOF

Fog lights are normally bad contacts. However both out could be something easier to find. Fuse box and then a Multimeter to find it.

Sweet cheers guys.

Have already checked fuses and bulbs. Will invest in a multimeter as I broke my other one. The plugs for eletrical things I've found are very fragile.