Sign in to follow this  
blk320i

mad problems

ive still got problems with my 90 320i coupe.

last weeked i replaced the alternator and battery and the car was running and starting mint. i went out of town for the week in my other car and left the biimer at home, got back friday night because i was getting an alarm installed on saturday morning. went to unlock it and the central locking was not working which i presume means the battery is flat so i could not get in and had to cancel the alarm install. this morning i thought i would try and unlock it and i ended up breaking the key ( my only key ) in the lock.

so to sum up. im locked out of my car, i broke the key in the lock, the battery is being drained somehow.

ive sussed out a full set of locks including the drivers door, passenger door, boot, ignition and master key.

but obviously before i can tackle putting the locks in i first need to get into the car. anyone got any ideas on how to get in with no key?

thanks..........

haha, sorry but I had to laugh.

I would enquire with a locksmith about getting the key removed from the lock and him breaking into your car. With the key removed and the rest of the key, it is possible, but difficult to just get a replacement cut -- which would save getting new locks put in.

As for the battery and central locking, unsure.

Not sure lock smith could help, it sounds as though you have "double locked' the car some how. Basically the lock solenoid has jammed the lock so it can only be opened through the central locking system. Can someone with more knowledge than me PM this guy how to open the bonnet? That way you'll be able to charge your battery and use the central locking.

There is a write up somewhere on the net ive seen, that suggests e30 coupes are EASY to break into...see if you can find it?? thats about all the help i am sorry, may be on pelican parts .com

damn sorry to hear that..

btw i heard somewhere that you can open a e36 with a flat battery by turning the key clockwise 180 degrees on the driver door??

anyone know exactly how to do this? a very valuable info this is :)

check your owners manual, i remember that in there are instructions how to open your bonnet from the outside. when you have your bonnent open charge up the battery, stick it back in and try to unlock your car again from the other side, i think what andy said about the solenoid jamming it is about right.

Call the AA and then go to BMW dealer and fix the problem.

I have been an AA member since i first started driving and it's fantastic, definately get my moneys worth.

E30 = Piece of piss to break into. I made a tool that will let me get into ANY E30 in less than 30 seconds :D

Passengers side grill around the lights will have a small hole in it that goes to the bonnet release. Shove a long flat head screwdriver in the hole until it grips and turn it. Bonnet should then release. Then do as said above.