Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Roundles(sp)?

Hey,just got myself 2 roundles for the front and back to replace my crappy ones.

Just before I butcher them off with a screwdriver...is there a proper way to do it or just whorry em off?

Cheers

Guest Ken

Use a couple of old "bread and butter" knives (round ends) but place some plastic underneath them to protect your paint when you apply leaverage. Place them at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock, that's where the pins are.

Sweet as..thought there might be a screw or something that I really wouldn't wanna miss and be pulling on for ages lol.

With the new ones...they have some old adhesive on the back so should I just rip them off and put a new layer of glue or something?

Chur

Guest Ken

No - They have 2 pins that press into plastic grommets that are set into the bodywork. If this is the first time you've replaced them then they will be tight enough for your new ones. Just push them in tight using your thumbs each side of the emblem.

I think the dealer sells them for $50 or $60. Use a flathead screwdriver with some tape around the top to prevent damaging your paint.

Got them for free from a mate that has a heepa sh*t E30...just told him I'd give him my ones <_<

Guest Ken

Check Ebay - there's heaps available but do your homework on prices. A pair fits neatly into a bubble-bag and can be sent via airmail letter post quite cheaply.

Also, if you need one for an E30 pre f/l bum; make sure you get a "bent" one!!!

Edited by Ken

Yeh some guys on trademe also sell em.

Yup they're identical to mine..got them off a car same year as mine so should be sweet.