Sign in to follow this  
smokey

e30 info

hey sorry if this has been covered -

i just tried fitting my m-tech 1 rear bumper on the weekend and it doesnt seem to have any thing to hold the back up i was wondering are there spose to be brackets ?? and if so where can i get them?? (my car used to have a tow bar if thats important) and my car is a 2door p/f e30

And second question im goin to be installing my manual pedal box this weekend is there an easy was of doing this, instead of removing the whole olf auto pedal box, can i just remove the bolt the hols the pedal arms in place and slide the clutch pedal on and put the bolt back thru??

cheers for you help

Hi, if it's the same setup as the facelift, then there should be 2 brackets which the bumper fits on, may need to source from wrecker? As for the pedal box, I've just compared an auto and a manual, and the only difference I can see is that bolt and the clutch pedal, so I don't see why you can't just change that if you think it's easier, the auto setup has all the fittings for the clutch.

Guest Andrew

The kit goes in between the bumper and the bumper trim. Factory M325s had a different bumper trim that had threaded studs on it - these line up with the holes on the kit and then you chuck the nuts on.

You can also use the stock clips and just force them through the holes (how the front of my bodykit is held on)

Re: pedal box:

You can do as you say - just undo the brake pedal bolt, position the clutch and brake pedals and slide the bolt from the manual box through (its longer).

It's a bit fiddly esp with the brake pedal spring and if you have aircon the hoses get in the way, but much easier than swithing the entire pedal box IMO.